Monday, March 29, 2010

The Testimony of Rino Sardon

I’ve personally known Rino for almost ten years now. He is a man of many talents and skills but like you and I, he is not perfect. As a professional, he is very successful, but amid his success he had a deep longing. Yet in spite of his struggles in life and the longing that he had, he remained faithful to God even at the bleakest moments. Read the whole length of his own testimony, and see how God blesses those who have faith in Him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ***

Friends,

My wife and I have been married for a little over eight years and never had children. Whenever the topic on children would pop up during social events, we would often receive comments like, 'you should have yourselves checked…', 'try this...', etc.

Back in 2005, I sincerely asked God: 'Will we have kids?'

God never answered and every year during the past four years, I dreaded the coming of Fathers' Day. Every time my heart aches, I would ask God again: 'Will we ever have kids?'

I have moved from asking, to bargaining('God, if you give me kids, I will…'), to sulking('God, if you don't want me to have kids, at least take away the heartache.') and even to manipulation('God, I don't really understand You, maybe if I become a father, I will understand You').

One day, I watched a movie entitled 'Facing the Giants'. The main characters were also childless and after so many attempts at having kids, the female lead character prayed, 'God, with or without children, I will love you…'. And I wept and surrendered my fatherhood to God.

It was never easy especially at children's parties, family days and Christmas. But I enjoy my time engaging my niece and nephews, always working on becoming the best uncle in the world.

And then finally, God spoke: 'Yes, you will have kids.'

My wife is pregnant, almost 7 weeks!

Friends, God continues to answer prayers as He did thousands of years ago! I wanted share with you my answered prayer so that you will have known someone personally who has just received from God.

I am not more prayerful nor holier than the next person. I do not have any special access to God than what is readily available for everyone. Nor do I have special 'connections' who bargain for me.

What I have is a personal relationship with God and Jesus, and this relationship gave me the boldness to ask for BIG things!

What have you been asking from God? Physical healing? Healing of relationships? A promotion or new business opportunity? A future spouse? THE big break?

Let me tell you this, God knows what's best for us even before we ask!

As I end my testimony, please allow me to pray for you,

Father, I thank you for these friends. You have placed specific desires in their hearts and yet after some disappointments they no longer ask for fear of getting disappointed. Heal these heartaches Father and give them fresh hearts, hearts that would receive You and Your will in their lives. Hearts that would continue to expectant and joyful.


Give them courage as they wait on You. Give them a double dose grace.


Father, I speak healing into their lives. I speak abundance both spiritually and materially. I speak courage and boldness as they press forward towards the goal that you have set before them.


Father, may our lives glorify You. We pray, in the name of Jesus.

- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - ***

Isn't God truly wonderful! He can move mountains for those who are faithful to Him. He can do miracles in you too, if you allow Him to work in your life. As Rino stated, what you need is a personal relationship with Jesus, for if you know Him in a personal level, wouldn't it be easier to ask?

PS1: Thanks to Rino Sardon for sharing this wonderful and deeply personal testimony.

PS2: If you want to know how to have a personal relationship with Jesus but you don't know how, please e-mail me at dailysnacksforthesoul@gmail.com, and I'll be glad to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment