Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Daily Rest

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~ John 3:16

Everyday life can be quite troubling and wearisome. Stress, distractions and failures can consume us easily leaving us tired, confused and discouraged. We need to find our rest to heal and rejuvenate for the long journey ahead. Here I share my resting place.





I am not afraid of the storms that come my way;
     For I rest on Jesus and His awesomeness.
I don’t let my heart be troubled by my situation;
     For I rest on His peace and faithfulness.
I don’t rely on my education and skills for prosperity;
     For I rest on the goodness of my Father and His abundance in heaven.
I don’t dwell on my feeble attempt to love God;
     For I rest on His great and constant love for me.
I don’t boast of my good works and my tithes;
     For I rest on the completed work of Jesus on the cross.
I don’t struggle by my own effort to become virtuous;
     For I rest on my relationship with Jesus to bear His virtue.
I don't condemn myself (nor others) for my inequity;
For I rest on my righteousness through faith in Jesus.
Because it’s not about me;
     It’s all about God – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit –and His great love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment